Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hell had no fury like a mother scorned

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Okay. I do not have kids, the time for me to become a father is still way in the distant future but when I read about the antics of a thirteen year old boy I'm temped to not taking any children at all..

This kid did this:

So after reading all this what do you think this woman thought up for punishment?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Way to go for the kid... screw keeping alcohol in fridge... its purpose is to be drank... kid got it right.
    If you really don’t want kid to drink it, tell him... look here is stuff you can drink... and here is stuff you can’t... BAAM

I really think that problem of most parents is they try to keep crap in secrecy... when i buy something I don’t want anyone to have until i say so... I tell them... even kids... please don’t drink/touch this... you can touch other crap but not this...

BAAAM!

"Dad- “what did you use this corkscrew for?”
    Son- “To open the beer.”
    Dad- “What about this cork?”
    Son- “What cork?”
    Dad- “This cork.”
    Son “Oh, THAT cork. I drank some wine too.”
    "SO I AM MINUS ABOUT $177 FOR THIS WEEKEND LITTLE ANTICS. NOT TO MENTION THE AGGRAVATION OF THE ARUGING, LYING AND DECEPTION. I AM NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR FROM A CHILD." where did the kid lie? he said right away he drank it... didn’t he... parent fault... i just don’t see parent kid connection... maybe instead of yelling at kid he should smack himself a bit for being a bad parent... people treat kids like they are not people... guess what... its not a dog...

Maybe i am too harsh... but from this post that’s what I sense...

4. I really have nothing to fear, because I hate the taste of alcohol... Drinking is a waste of money anyway (IMHO of course!)

5. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    You hate the taste of all alcohol? I doubt it man, I'm sure there is some drink out there that tastes good to you, you just haven't found it yet.

But yes it is a waste of money.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Agreed. Anyways, I think that was the best punishment, besides taking the son and his ps2 outside, and tossing the ps2 in a wood chipper. Or attacking it with a chain saw, but at least he got his money back. That's the way to do it I guess.

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    People should keep their problems to themselves. I don't want to hear about your disfunctional family, I just want to buy a PS2. :rollno:

8. what? he was 13, Captain Comprehension of the Reading Brigade. you actually think it's okay under any circumstances that he and his friends polished off all the beer and a bottle of champagne?

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Wasn't their a similar story a while ago about a kid who was 17 who dented his dad's car during prom?

I remember seeing the kid's PS2 for sale, and the dialogue in the explanation was almost identical.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    This is ooooooold. It's from an eBay auction for Phish tickets, isn't it?

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Good post, Smash. Big +1.

Not a parent yet either...but I am a teen ;).

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    The fact that the woman is out $177 for the freakin' alcohol is the least of my concerns---she should be more concerned at the fact her son is drinking at 13 years old!! Agreed--she shouldn't be yelling at her son, she should be doing a little bit of introspective thinking and trying to figure out how she screwed up so bad....

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Guess what..

I drink beer and other drinks a couple times a month...

Wanna know whats even worse? ITS WITH MY DAD...

And to top it all off, he's a cop!

Ya. I'm cool.

14. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the kid opened a champagne bottle with a corkscrew?

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It looks like some parents cant raise their children properly :rolleyes:

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Little bastard needs a boot in his butt. :D

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Two pinheads for the price of one. So you're saying that kids have the right to be little turds if they want to.

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My goddaughter is 15 years old. There are alcoholic beverages in her house in unlocked cabinets. She has never taken any of them with parents there, or not. I guess you'd call her a responsible human being.

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Scary thought, no? Apparently those don't exist in some parts of the world......

20. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I don't drink. I never have, and I never will. Although this seems very fake, the parents are obviously borderline retarded. $177 is not a big deal; I've wasted far more than that in the stupid antics I've pulled, as have most kids. Drinking at age 13, on the other hand, is insane. Underaged drinking/smoking is a great way to end up becoming a loser ;)