1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hell Week

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 19, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No, Navy SEALs have it easy. I am going through a week of HELL, no joke. Make that two weeks.

It's Thursday night at 10:30. I have just finished a presentation I have to give tomorrow on Internet Lingo and Shorthand in our schools. Okay, done. Looks like it was done by a pro. Tomorrow, I give the presentation. I have classes at 9:10-10:00, 10:20-11:10, lunch til 11:40 and I'm back into work, doing EVERYTHING, presentation at 1:30, class at 2:20-3:30. Then working on a 15 page paper on viral marketing that's due on Friday by 3:30. Not even emailed, it needs to be handed to HIM before he leaves for the day. I've barely started on this, just haven't had time. Not to mention the chemistry exam on carbohydrates and acids and an exam in German on Friday. When will I study for these? Only God knows.

Tuesday, I have another paper due, have to give another presentation on an overview of cancer, and lastly a photo critique for material I have yet to photograph, or even conceptualize what I'm doing. I need to figure out how to conceptualize a self portrait of myself, of something that's not obvious to the world. Music is out. Then I need to figure out and photograph, develop, and print a series of at least 10 prints, perfectly photographed, with perfect contrast, spotted and matted ready for presentation.

Somewhere in there I need to figure out what I'm going to photograph, photograph it, print it, etc. Throw in a piano lesson that I cannot postpone without failing my course and two bass lessons that cannot be postponed for the same reason due to the time in the school year. Can't postpone anything, can't get extensions on anything without withdrawing from a course which will end up on my transcript and prevent me from recieving financial aid. And to top it off, I get news that my Grandfather passed away, and the school is unable to grant me time to mourn, I'm unable to make it to Cleveland for the wake or service, and frankly, I don't stress easy.

My blood pressure is more than likely through the roof. I've got an awful cold, allergies, with a swollen throat and a wandering mind. Oh, and my roommate's surfing Something Awful forums laughing at everything he sees, commenting on it and whatnot, and there's a ruckus in the halls about God knows what.

Ten days until final exams. Time to study for those, but when will I? The photography is going to kill me, but I can't start on that til this paper is out of the way. I'm hungry, I have to pee, but eating and going to the bathroom take time. Boy am I stressed. Even my ex-girlfriend is worried because she knows I never stress about ANYTHING, that I work well under pressure, but here and now it's built up too far. I'd try meditating, but I seriously don't have the time.

Maybe I'll go for a run, but I'll have to figure out a way to write my paper while doing it...

SEALs have it easy.

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    ahh college....

3. i thought you were talking about a real hell week......fraternal and all......been there, done that, have the paddle for proof (no, you dont get hit with them, you play a pretty damn intense game though.)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's next semester... :)

5. Yeah well... SEALs have to do all that military stuff, with angry Marines yelling at them, and whilst submerged in a body of water that's close to freezing...

:D... Just bustin' your chops!!!

-Ryan.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah yeah, sounds easy compared to this.

That Cocoa, FL wouldn't be Cocoa Beach would it?

7. I'am very sorry to hear about your grandfather passing. I know from my college days that things can be overwhelming. Sounds like your plate is full with your workload at school, just hang in there and everything will work out. Keep a positive attitude, try to prioritize events and work towards a solution. Your profs know that everybody has an incredible workload, just do your best and try not to stress. It will all work out!!!

8. lbpark

lbpark

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    I'll add to this thread...

Test tomorrow morning in Invertbrate Zoology.

Monday: hand in an eight-page report on aflatoxins as well as give a powerpoint presentation and notes to the class.

Tuesday: Invertbrate Zoology lab practical at noon

Wednesday: Ornithology lab practical at 7:30am. Art museum visit for art class and hand in a paper.

Friday: hand in my 5-piece fungal collection, fungal growth lab report, and video assignment. Mycology class. Mycology lab practical.

Monday: Art appreciation final

Tuesday: Ornithology final

Wednesday: Mycology final

Thursday: Invertebrate Zoology final

I'm right there with you. :crying:

9. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I can't wait for Uni! :hyper:

10. Same boat my friend:

Tomorrow:

9AM Turn in homework for Criminology, about 6 pages of multiple choice questions. Take notes on lecture for about 90 minutes

10:30AM Turn in 5 page report on the history of Crisis Intervention for my Crisis Intervention class. Take notes on lecture for 90 minutes.

12PM Turn in recruitment speech for Epsilon Tau Alpha, the Criminal Justice frat that I now belong to. Meeting for about 15 minutes (I hope)

12:15PM Spend 45 minutes mixing my project for my Recording class. Just one song, but I hope to get it done

1PM Turn in Preview and Topic Statements for my 10 minute speech on the history of the recording industry, which is due Tuesdauy. Take notes on lecture for 2 hours

3PM Tutor possible new girlfriend in sociology. Don't know how long that will last.;)

Whenever: Get home, call and see if my new job is lined up!! Yay!!

Friday: Rest.:D

11. I feel your pain, man. This has been the busiest semester of my academic career, and these next couple of weeks are going to be even worse. In the past, finishing a semester has been such a relief that it's almost worth all the work. Almost...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, as well. It's a bunch of BS that the school isn't going to let you have any time off. I doubt I could handle that.

12. Would you be willing to share any samples from your mycology lab practical? ;)

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    i'm right there with you guys too.. somehwhat.

tuesday- an exigetical paper on Revelation 8:7-9:11 was handed in... 9 pages.

today (morning) - had 2 quizzes on the prison system

today (night) - handed in my 27 page paper on animal cruelty

tomorrow - my 11 page paper on two books is due, hence why i'm up at 2:05 AM, i'm only on page 9.

this week has been mentally exhausting.

14. Well I don't know that I'd compare it to Navy SEALs training... but that's tough.

My roomate does the same thing, with fark.com too. "Oh man hahahahahha, take a look at this..blahblahblah..."

I'm just going to punch him in the face one day.

15. where are you in school? or looking to be in school

and dont go into rush with any one house set in mind, theres a house for everyone, just wait till you find one you see fits who you are or want to be. stereotypes about frat guys arent all true

16. For the self portrait, take a picture of a mirror reflecting the sky to symbolize the illusion of self and the reality of its absence. If you can find a vampire, even better. Then take a picture of dirt and a hospital to symbolize both your beginning and your end. For the finale, denounce the whole idea of a self portrait as being removed from its subject, and take off your clothes in front of the class to reveal your true self, and invite everybody to touch you and experience your self with as many senses as possible. Should be a hit with the ladies. Or the men.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Going into my sophomore year in the fall. I have already decided which fraternity to rush, Delta Tau Delta. Out of the three on campus, I've gotten to know these guys well and get along great with them, not so much with the other one, and the third doesn't offer the national support I'm looking for as they're a local fraternity.

I've already rushed Delta Tau Delta but was turned away due to my grades last semester.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The latter part sounds doable, and my class would love it. Honestly. Hell, I'd love it, the class is all ladies and three guys, two of which never show up, so it's me and 13 ladies every day, about four of which are in love with me. I love this class :)

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, mine's a farker too. Big mistake letting him get a flat panel LCD monitor. He picks the whole thing up to show me. LOL.

20. what school are you at that only has three houses? delt is a pretty solid national house though, ive got a few friends from back home that are delts at FSU here