1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hell Yeah and the Maybes at Copper Top Tavern 11/2

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Jimmy4string, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hey hey party people!
    We headed out to a new to us venue -copper Top on the outskirts of Austin over in Round Rock. Great little venue with nice people. Beforehand I had a birthday coupon from Rudy's BBQ for free 1/2 lb of meat. I added some beans to that and a salad -was quite good!
    rudys.JPG
    long trip over for me from South Austin found the guys mostly packed up and ready since they used their teenage boys as roadies! :)
    We get to the venue and find mostley a crowd of 45-50 year olds listining to both country and wester :) We had a record setup of 40 minutes! Sound checked all the instruments so they would not seem to loud. Then did a quick band sound check.
    setup.
    We rocked out for 3 sets to a nice crowd and had some dancers here and there. We had a really great gig and not mess ups to speak of and a great crowd and bar staff! Hopefully we go back again.
    stage1.
    hands.
    MY GF must have liked the Bass player's outfit (im the singer)
    Bass.
    Color.

2. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Great to see you back out James. :)

nixdad and Jimmy4string like this.
  3. Cool gig report, love the elec drums, wish our drummer would have stayed with his.

nixdad and Bodeanly like this.
  4. Thanks Grant -good to be out there. I took it easy. Actually probably sang better since i wasnt using extra energy jumping around ;)

Yeah man! A lot better for these little gigs for sure. Much softer footprint for the mix.

nixdad, McG and WI Short Scaler like this.
  5. smartinson

smartinson

Dec 15, 2005
    Longmont, CO
    Love that yellow Jem too! I like the compact stage, sounds like a fun gig. (great band name, too!)

nixdad likes this.
  6. @smartinson our guitarist absolutley loves Ibanez! He is a huge Steve Vai fan as well -that guitar was actually signed by Steve V.
    Thanks for the band name like! :)

nixdad likes this.
  7. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hey James!

That looks like a cozy little stage. I'm glad you guys are out rockin' it! Is this the place? ... Copper Top Tavern - Sports Bar - Austin, TX

I was curious. There are more pictures of the place on the Yelp page: Copper Top Tavern photos

Thanks for sharing your gig. Yeah, your bass player looks pretty sharp. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

nixdad likes this.
  8. @BassCliff both those are correct. Our drummer got the burger and it looked good. I was about to get a chicken sandwich but it was the last set so i figured I would just hold out.
    This place was odd in that it closed at like 12 at night. I think we were supposed to get two free beers i forgot and just paid for two.

nixdad and BassCliff like this.
  9. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice report, James! Keep 'em coming!
    It looks like a fun place to play.

10. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Two things I like to see... BBQ chicken and a Hartke bass amp. ;)

Jimmy4string likes this.
  11. @dbase usually are bass man goes through the PA -i must say this Hartke amp was extra great -smooth rich bass sound.

Sore Thumb and dbase like this.
  12. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Hell yeah! Looks like fun, my friend!

Jimmy4string likes this.