1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELLLPP! MY amp isn't powering on anymore!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TLW, Mar 20, 2009.

1. TLW

TLW

Dec 23, 2007
    St.Louis, MO area
    what happened??

its a GK-1001RB-II, i turned it on once and it went red light and off then it completely stopped powering on after that.

please help :((

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Check the fuse.

If you replace the fuse and it blows again, then you need to get it serviced.

PS: The amp should power up without a speaker connected. If you later connect the speaker and it shuts down, then it's a shorted speaker cable or cabinet.

3. At risk of sounding like a jerk; Did you check to see if you're pluged in? What about the fuses? Thats about as far as I'm gonna be able to help out though. I would take it to a qualified tech. Have a good night.

-Joe P.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's hard to tell with the info you've given, plus I'm by no means an expert, but check the fuse first of all. If it's bad, replace it with the correct size fuse. If the fuse pops again, then you might want to take it to an amp repair shop.

5. TLW

TLW

Dec 23, 2007
    St.Louis, MO area
    ok this might sound like a dumb question but, where is the fuse located?

do i have to unscrew the top? some of the screws are being very stubborn

6. TLW

TLW

Dec 23, 2007
    St.Louis, MO area
    nothing??

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Eh, I don't have one, but I tried to find it in the pictures in the manual, and I can't. Sorry.

8. Yes they are under the top cover, fuse holders are mounted to one of the "boards".

9. TLW

TLW

Dec 23, 2007
    St.Louis, MO area
    hah problem resolved, turns out the circuit board in my house turned off power in my music room. I was trying multiple outlets in the same room, then discovered nothing worked on one side of the room

all i had to do was turn it back on

10. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Elementary my dear Watson!
    :ninja:

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Or it could be a dead circuit in your house.

:D

12. You actually went to the trouble of posting this BEFORE checking you actually had electricity to power it?????

DOH!!!!!

Paul

P.S. Welcome to the human race ;)

13. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    It's broken. Send it back to the manufacturer. :p

Honestly, being able to troubleshoot and diagnose your gear is an important part of being a musician. Brush up, as much as possible, on the technology that you're using. In this case, you'd want to pick up basic electrical systems and specifically how amps work. Also, pick up the theory behind how your bass works too. Then, once your bored and your inquisitive mind yearns for even more understanding of the world around you, take on sound engineering and acoustics.