1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello All From The Quad Cities ( Illinois )

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ltrain, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Hello All:
    I put this post in a different forum and I think it was the wrong place. Sorry Admins if I have it in the wrong spot.

New member here. I started playing bass a little less than a year ago and am really getting into it. Playing a Fender Jazz with Ampeg amp. Glad to find this community and looking forward to getting to know some of the fellow "bottom dwellers". ( Heard that expression and liked it.) Hope all is well with all of you. Thanks all for being here!
    Ltrain :bassist:

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Welcome to TB! Which Quad City are you from- Rock Island, Davenport, Bettendorf, or Moline?

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Just a year and with a Fender, and an Ampeg.
    I hate you
    :spit:

I've been playing for 6 and I use a Squier!

anyways, welcome to the biggest addiction of your life!

;)

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Welcome aboard...you sound like a West Music customer!

5. Nice to see others from the QC here!

6. Bassic 83 - I live out by Geneseo but work in Moline

Mark - Always wanted a Fender Jazz ( big Rush fan here, and my cousin had one years ago ) and started with a Crate amp but picked up a sweet used Ampeg about a month ago. And yes, already seriously addicted

Billy B - I've done some business with just about all the stores in the area including West.

Thanks all for the welcomes!:bassist:

7. Where in the QC's are ya from Carver?

8. That's great guys, I live in Davenport but grew up in Bettendorf. It's nice to see others in the QC. Any of you play out. I'd love to see some of the other players basses in the area.

9. I'm in Davenport, but getting prepared to move back to Mississippi!:hyper:

How about you?

10. Geneseo - Work in Moline

11. Any of you play out?

12. Would love to someday - not quite good enough yet. I have this vision of starting an 80's band. 80's rock and pop. I am a child of the 80's - sheesh, that's old! :crying: