1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello all new member here with a question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ignotia, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    I recently got a warwick bass from my ex roomate for his back rent and i need a few parts for it. i need a tuning key. just the key part and a nut that the highest string sits in at the head stock. im a drummer not a bassest so i may sound dumb but i think it is a finger five string in fairly decent shape and i can use it for my bandmate who needs a bass. any idea what im talking about? any help would be awesome

2. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    I just know you are one lucky cat to have a warwick bass.

What model is it?

3. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    im not sure. im not good with that stuff. i though it was a corvett but someone told me it might be a finger 5 string. what ever that means? it has 5 strings and 3 knobs im guessing 1 volume and 2 tone 24 fret 2 active picups. did i just discribe every warwick bass?

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Thumb Five String?

5ThumbBO.

Contact Dana B. Goods through the warwick site

http://warwickbass.com/

They should be able to help you out.

The serial # on the back of the headstock will tell you the age of the bass. The 1st letter I believe is the month of manufacture

A= Jan
    B= Feb
    C= March

ETC.

The last two digits indicate the year of manufacture intuitively. 98, 99, 00 etc.

He must of owed you a lot of money. Warwicks aren't cheap (unless it's the RockBass line)

5. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    You described every bass that fits that description. Especially mine, except for the 5th string and the fact it isn't a Warwick. :(

I really wanna get a Warwick.

It should say somewhere on the bass what the model is. Maybe the back of the headstock?

6. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    i can try and post a pic give me a minute

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    ^^^^^^^^^ ehh? (my last post?)

8. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    Ahhhh i got it ...thanks it's a standard corvett 5 string. thanks for your help.

9. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    i'll show you a pic anyway Pennhurst mental facilaty 001 (2).

10. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
  11. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    E-mail/call your local Warwick distributor (find out who it is on the internets) and tell them you need a Just-A-Nut string saddle for a G string.

I think Warwick tuners are Gotohs, but you could also ask what they are just to be sure and ask them where you can find a replacement. They may even send you a free replacement - they tend to be pretty good about stuff like that. I got a whole free neck for my old 6-string Corvette Proline when the truss rod bust, even though I bought it used.

12. ignotia

ignotia

Feb 26, 2008
    Thanks a lot for the info.