1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello all!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HagenToke, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Was slow to join the party but here I am! I just wanted to say hello to all you fine people.... For now I'm just playing at my church and once in a while having some friends over to jam out. I have basses, guitars, amps and a drum set in my living room. To say my wife is cool, would be an understatement. I was in a band called Under The Given for years. Check out some of our music at www.underthegiven.com if you want, it's all free to listen to. Three albums are on the site with a bunch of crazy ass pictures from that time. We partied dangerously hard during those years. I suggest zooming in on the pics. There is some pretty risky ones hidden in the mix.

Could give you an idea of the crew I run with.

I look forward to joining in on some interesting conversation soon and getting to know our bass world better. Keep it real. Be kind.

BassmanM likes this.
  2. murmur70

murmur70 Supporting Member

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    Welcome to TalkBass!

3. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Thanks man sorry for the slow reply. Just figuring this thing out. Keep jammin'

What kind of gear you rocking?

4. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    Warm welcome from the San Francisco Bay.

5. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Welcome from the Amish land of south central Pennsylvania

6. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Interesting avatar photo you got there... :eyebrow:

7. B-Mac

Looks like one of those new mini Chimeneas from Lowes. :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Element Zero and creaturegods like this.
  8. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Nice. I'm up here in tulip town Westside Mount Vernon Wa. Anyone care to share what they are rockin' with amps? Pedals? Cabs? All that shtuff.

Right now my main bass is an old original design US Masters Guitar Works 5 string. Has bartolini preamp and pickups, Sperzel locking tuners(I love them).
    The amp I'm using is an old SVT ll (300watts all tube)
    Plugged into an old 300watt Peavey full stack.(the one that comes from the factory covered in that fuzzy carpeting type stuff) Furman power conditioner
    Behringer racktuner
    I used to have a bunch of fx.
    At the present all I'm using is a BOSS ME-50(guitar fx lol) which is actually working out pretty well.
    My other instruments are:
    Peavey Rockmaster guitar,
    Epiphone Les Paul 100,
    Epiphone Les Paul standard, (nice!)
    Fender DG-20CE NAT acoustic guitar
    Sx piece of poopie I used to learn building on.(it's actually pretty decent now)
    Home made double neck 12 and 6 string guitar,
    Home made one piece 5 string bass. (Search "one piece bass guitar" to see it, I come up first in the list)
    Little crate amp, (ok for what it is)
    Little fender amp (ok for what it is)
    An old TKO 80!!!( I actually really like it)
    Two Pearl drum kits combined to make a massive double bass drum set with a Gibraltar rack.
    I don't really know what else to say. I play many instruments, bass is my favorite. I was in the band Under the Given for around 20 years. www.underthegiven.com check us out if you like.... All the music is free to listen to and there is a lot of pretty cool zoom in on. Some are pretty risky... Boobies!!!! Lol

9. B-Mac

An easy way to do this is to click on a TB-er’s name then click on profile then click on information

10. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Still learning thanks man.

B-Mac likes this.
  11. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Lol thanks. It's a pic of an "Original Bing" (too small to be a bong) my wife loves boobs so that explains the choice. Beware that little lady has claws. She will rip you head off lol. Don't be fooled by her seemingly insignificant stature. It's actually my favorite little piece. They are pretty rare too. Especially now. The little old lady who made them isn't making anymore.

B-Mac likes this.
  12. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    A772FBEF-5A35-43FF-9C81-832A95EFD168.gif

13. murmur70

murmur70 Supporting Member

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    No worries. You can see my gear in my signature.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021