Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello all

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by TheFlunkyJunky, May 29, 2005.

1. TheFlunkyJunky

TheFlunkyJunky

May 29, 2005
    Alright everyone, i'm new, to this forum and to bass. just picked up my first bass on yesterday, and have picked it up really well.

I can play a bit of guitar, but i was having trouble with my scales. So i bought a bass hoping it would bring me on. It has big time.
    I have the buzz to play again(I can play cords on my 6 string but not individual strings, so I haven't played for a while).

I am finding I can hit the string I want to hit, and I must admit. I think I like the bass better than my guitar.

I'm starting to play the basic riffs and scales from a book, but I would also like to know if you have any good bass tab sites so I can also play along to tunes I like while I learn.

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    TFJ,

welcome, glad you've found a home with the bass!

As for tab sites - you'll be better off asking that over in one of the other forums - this place is more about discussing 'the outer limits' of bass playing, solo playing, extended techniques, ideas and concepts that help us all to reach beyond the confines of other people's perceptions of what a bass is supposed to do.

there's a thread about this at the top of the page click here to read it

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net