Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello, and I LOVE MY WARWICK!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SaintAlphonzo, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Howdy,

Just joined here on the advice of a friend - first of all, I'm a singer, pianist and guitarist who recently picked up the bass. Playing bass and singing in the band Moon Dragonfly (www.moondragonfly.com).

After using a used Fender P (Mexican), I upgraded to a Warwick Rock Bass with active pick ups. Didn't research it too much, just went in to Sam Ash and played about 8 different basses - nothing came close to the Warwick in my opinion, not even basses at 2-3x the price.

Anyhow, can someone please direct me to a forum on technique? Looking to improve my chops a bit, mostly right hand. I use fingers, not pick.

Thanks!

=:cool:
    Saint

2. welcome aboard. glad to hear that you are liking your bass. that is the best way to get a bass, doing too much research is bad for the mind. just go out and play stuff until you find the one you like best :cool:

anyhow here is a link to the technique forum. it is listed on the bass guitar master forum page. about half way down.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

3. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Welcome and I love my Warwick too!

4. I hope you love your warwick as much as i love mine.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  6. Right on, thanks for the links!

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!

:)

8. http://www.adamnitti.com/bass_player_02.shtml

9. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Bienvenido a TB!!!

10. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Jah!!!!!
    I bet you don't love your Warwick as much as I do!!!! Good luck and welcome to the world of bass!
    I agree basssurvival101 on the warwick site- great for the fresh folks!:bassist: