Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SaintAlphonzo, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Howdy,

Just joined here on the advice of a friend - first of all, I'm a singer, pianist and guitarist who recently picked up the bass. Playing bass and singing in the band Moon Dragonfly (www.moondragonfly.com).

After using a used Fender P (Mexican), I upgraded to a Warwick Rock Bass with active pick ups. Didn't research it too much, just went in to Sam Ash and played about 8 different basses - nothing came close to the Warwick in my opinion, not even basses at 2-3x the price.

Anyhow, can someone please direct me to a forum on technique? Looking to improve my chops a bit, mostly right hand. I use fingers, not pick.

2. welcome aboard. glad to hear that you are liking your bass. that is the best way to get a bass, doing too much research is bad for the mind. just go out and play stuff until you find the one you like best :cool:

anyhow here is a link to the technique forum. it is listed on the bass guitar master forum page. about half way down.

3. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Welcome and I love my Warwick too!
  4. I hope you love your warwick as much as i love mine.
  5. Right on, thanks for the links!
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!

7. http://www.adamnitti.com/bass_player_02.shtml
  8. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I bet you don't love your Warwick as much as I do!!!! Good luck and welcome to the world of bass!
    I agree basssurvival101 on the warwick site- great for the fresh folks!:bassist: