Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hello! Aria/Ibanez question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pooklet, Nov 3, 2003.

1. pooklet

pooklet

Nov 2, 2003
    Sorry to pester, but i need some informed advice

I own a 6 year old Aria Pro II Integra. I am quite attatched to it. I have been offered a Ibanez Ergodyne 605 for E300 and my Aria.

Clearly the question is whether to do it or not. Before you jump about the fairly high price for a second hand, it's worth noting that I live in Ireland and bass prices are DAFT.

Also, does no one here like Arias, or are they just not big in the US?

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    If you are attached to the Aria, why do you even want to trade it? Is it for the cash and/or the specific bass you're trading for?

I mean, it sounds like you've got a bass that you really like. Just curious as to why you want to trade it?

3. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    loving is the most important thing. you do music for yourself remember?

I hate luthite..

aria is most of the time crap. but I heard some good things about their neckthru basses...

4. pooklet

pooklet

Nov 2, 2003
    Well, the bass I'd be swapping for is WELL outside my price range to buy new - it retails at about a grand here. I've played it extensively (I have it on lend) and i like it, though it smells like petrol (I like that too... :) )

I have been meaning to get a new bass for a while. But I was a bit thrown when I came lookin on here and found that Ibanez is held in such poor regard. I suppose I like them because I play metal and industrial, and I play very synthesizer-sounding bass.

I can hold on to the Aria and scrape the money together harder......

5. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    so you like the second better? go for it!
    in that style ergodyne has more looks as well...
    and I guess its retail value turns you on as well ;)

6. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    Quality took a nose dive for Aria when production moved from Matsumoku IMO. Those MIJ Arias were great instruments.

7. pooklet

pooklet

Nov 2, 2003
    I have to say the Aria has held up very well. I've gigged it lots, and it's gotten on public transport with me in only a soft case, but i suppose it's woodgrain finish hides dings. still sounds like when I got it.

8. Don't worry about the name on the headstock, if you like it, get it. You'll be playing that bass, no one else.

BTW, I have 2 Ibanez basses. ;)

Mike