1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland! Anyone want a gig?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Doing a short tour Feb. 2-4 with The Happy Problem, band in the 2nd video below.

On the 4th the club in Cleveland said we could find and book other bands, so if anyone within traveling distance feels they fit with the music below, and would like to share a bill, get back to me. Details on the club will follow, as I don't have them yet.

If anyone in the other areas would like to lend support and come see a cool band, please do. We're going to be completely on our own on this one. It's our first time out in the big country. Here are the venues, if you can share any info regarding them, please do:

Thursday, February 2nd, 2012
    PJ's Lager House
    1254 Michigan Avenue Detroit MI 48226 US

Friday, February 3rd, 2012
    The Mutiny 2428 North Western Avenue Chicago IL 60647 US [map]

Any bumps to this thread will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I know threads without any dilemmas or drama in them get little action. :cool:

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Hello, hello, hello.... is there anybody out there? Just post if you can see this. Can ya give me please a bump.

3. Yeah I see it Joe, but I can't help from NJ LOL Break a leg the music sounds great! RTS

4. 30 minute bump. :)

I'm in Tampa, FL, so I can't help out either. We'd love to play with you guys if you ever make it down here!

5. Damn, we were a Columbus based band and would love to do a show in Cleveland, especially on a Saturday night! Sadly, my band has kind of petered out. Good luck to you!

6. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    Joe...Any band with you in it is gonna rock...Good luck with this.

7. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    It's sad how this happens to so many bands.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Checked out your videos. You guys are good. My band is more of a cover band / bar band. I'll still talk to them about it at rehearsal Wednesday. Will try to find out more about the location / usual crowd.

9. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Joe,

I'm Pretty sure I know the C-town club..starts with a W? My band is playing on the east side that night at 8pm an opener. Don't know what time you need another band but it would be cool to get over there and at least meet you and catch your set. I will PM you.

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Thanks guys for keeping the thread alive, and for looking into playing there. I'm not going to be home till late tonight, and I just realized that if anyone is going to do this show with us it's going to have to be done through the singer who books us anyhow... so rather than be the go between could you please email sam@thehappyproblem.com? Just tell her Joe sent you from talkbass, and send her a link so she can check you out. Thanks again.

11. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    That's gonna be a lot of driving!

Hope your shows go well!

12. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Might come check you out on the Detroit gig.....bumpage

13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Cool. Would be great to meet some fellow talkbassers.

14. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Here's a "I'm three hours from Cleveland" bump

15. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Which Cleveland venue?