1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by madero, Jun 11, 2012.

1. madero

madero

Jun 11, 2012
    Hello, i'm new here
    I study bass since last October, i live in Germany but i'm from Italy
    My gear is.. not a gear, but anyway i worked hard to get this basic stuff necessary to learn playing, that is the most important thing.
    I have a sort of italian branded entry level precision-like bass, from Roytek.
    I am lefthanded coming from 5 years of silly guitar playing. So i had to reverse it and i'm working on it to move the knobs so they don't stay right under my elbow and wirst.
    I'm doing also some other mods for fun, so it would be nice to post some photos, but still will remain just a toy.
    An old 40W german branded amp is shipping. I don't know anything about it (Dave Larios, a now dismissed manufacturer) but was cheap so the waiting at least will be the most exciting part :)
    As for my tastes i was attracted to bass mainly while looking at people playing something like funk 80s 90s rock and others, like Jamiroquai, RHCP, and lenny kravitz.
    At the moment i'm fascinated by other play stiles, z.B Earth Wind & Fire, the Beatles, Santana, stevie wonder (still too hard to transcribe..)
    Hope to get well in touch with the community
    Bye