Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello! Facts about me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kanti, May 2, 2004.

1. kanti

kanti Guest

Feb 22, 2004
    Eugene, Oregon
    'ello everyone. I just joined TB not too long ago and thought
    I should introduce myself. OK, here goes...

My name is ____.

I am a 15 year old male.

I live in the state of Washington in Vancouver.

I have been playing bass for about 3 months.

I play an Ibanez SRX300 (but I want a Gibson Thunderbird IV,
    I just can't afford the $1,500 right now...)

Lets see, what else?

My favorite color is black/green (can't decide at the moment)

I just recently broke my terrible Diablo 2 addiction and got my life back somewhat.

The music I prefer is nearly all Classic Rock, especially Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, Rush (Geddy rules!), Yes is OK, and lately I have a strange affinity for Tom Petty. Current music I like: Radiohead, some Collective Soul, Audioslave is alright, I liked Soundgarden, and....um....I can't think of anything else right now.

I detest nu-metal and wish it would go away. We must rally behind The Darkness and bring back the Golden Age of Guitar Solos (and Bass Solos as well)! These current bands full of angry depressed people are really getting old.

I am 6' 1" and 175lb. with brown eyes and brown hair.

I apologize for the randomness of this; I am just writing things down as they come to me.

My personality is not like this :hyper: ,
    it is more like this :meh:

If I could have one super power I would want to be able to light things on fire with my mind, no special reason but I think it would be incredibly fun :)

As for school, I find it boring, but manage to get through it somehow. I even had a GPA that was nearly 4.0, but I didn't really care because I find myself losing interest in the education system.

I am a freshman in high school.

Classes I am taking right now:
    German (Sprechen Sie Deutsch?)
    Band
    Geometry (Easy)
    English (I hate this class, my teacher is a psychopath)
    Science (actually kinda fun...)
    Intro to Computers (basically they make you practice typing for an hour. Very Boring. My teacher hates me too, because she thinks I am in danger of killing someone. This is because one day I was doing a boring worksheet about proofreading, and I absentmindedly doodled a stick figure with a gun and another with a knife. I turned it in and she flipped out and sent me to the counselor. I cleared it up with the counselor, but to this day my teacher still thinks a STICK FIGURE DRAWING symbolizes my intention to kill her.)

Sorry for going off on that typing story. i think I will include a few more random facts before stopping this rambling and pointless post.

My user name, Kanti, comes from the anime show FLCL.

TV shows I like: none, right now. I find Television rather boring lately, nothing good on.

Wait, I do like a few shows: Family guy and occasionally South Park (Timmy!)

Do I care about world hunger?
    Do I care about world peace?

Not really. It may seem selfish, but I just want to live my life and not try to change things that I have very little chance of changing in my lifetime.

Last good book I read: Dune

OK, thats it feel free to criticise me if u like.

2. There's a thread at the top for this, but nobody reads it. I'm I'm giong to do the same, except fill in accordingly.

I've read here for awhile but just started posting.

My name is Mike

I am a 17 year old male.

I live near Boston.

I have been playing bass for about 6 months.

I play a Warwick

Lets see, what else?

My favorite color is blue

My other, good, computer just died, really bad.

The music I prefer is nearly all jam band material. Moe, Phish, DMB, Flecktones. I'll listen to mostly anything though.

What is this, age, rank and serial number? :)

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I blow up

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I eat paste.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dune is good. I am currently reading children of Dune. I also watched all 6 hours of the Children of Dune DVD set.

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

Hi. Nice to meet you.

Did you know that TB has a profile section? Very useful when you need to get a handle on who you're corresponding with.

Take a few minutes to fill yours out, please. :)