1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello, Folks!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by curbowman, Aug 27, 2007.

1. curbowman

curbowman

Aug 25, 2007
    Hello, Folks! I'm Alex, and my nickname is curbowman because mine is the only Curbow in Venezuela. It's the Cort version, maybe someday I could get a handmade one.

I play in a band that does covers of 80's rock music, mostly Glam, but I've played blues, ballads, boleros, salsa, merengue, and other caribbean styles.

Also, I'm a part-time Luthier, so I'm very demanding when it comes to instruments. My bass' setup is so low I can play with just one hand if needed be. That's something I learned from Jeff Berlin, one of my biggest influences along with Michael Hedges (yes, the guitarist :meh: )

Right now I'm about to obtain my Industrial Engineering graduate degree, but I never stopped playing throughout the career. Also, I've been a Choir singer since 1991 (baritone), which helped finance my university studies.

Thanks for let me be part of this forum, feel free to contact me for anything. See ya!