Hello from Berlin

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by loku, Jan 11, 2020.

1. loku

loku

Jan 11, 2020
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey folks, thank you for having me.
    I come from Berlin and I play double bass and guitar. I started out playing cello as a kid, switching to double bass in order to play jazz and funk for many years. After deciding not to go for studying jazz-bass in favor of another hobby which had any chances to pay my rent, I became and still work as a software dev. A few years ago I got into louder genres with loads of bass too, ending up playing guitar in a doom metal duo, trying to cover the guitar-bass spectrum on my own by coming up with custom tunings, playing the guitar like a bassist, using thicker strings and different pickups and of course getting as much bass and doom-sound out of a small and lightweight rig-amp setup with as much diy to it as possible. Hence I play different instruments I also have varying setups.
    Tweaking the setup and instrument is my personal nerd treat now.

My current setup is a LesPaul guitar tuned to A E A E C# E, playing thick strings up to .72 with two independend pickup-effect-amp-chains for simultaneous guitar and bass-sound.

Guitar-chain: 2 standard humbuckers, model FeT preamp, D.I+20db, Crown(XLS 1502) class D amp ch.1, diy 2x12 cabinet with 1 fullrange woofer at 250w and 1 bass woofer with 280w, both wired in parallel ending up with 530w @ 4ohm

Bass-chain: 1 diy single coil for just the low A and E strings, big muff, 7band-eq, D.I.+20db, crown class D amp ch.2, ampeg 1x15 classic cab with 200w @ 8ohm

I'm looking forward to reading a lot of threads and joining discussions.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Welcome to TalkBass.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021