1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from Darwin, Australia.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wicksy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. wicksy

wicksy

Nov 4, 2013
    Hi guys, my name is Damien and I only just stumbled upon this site after building a Fender precision from selected parts that I bought off ebay and I'd accidentally put the bridge on a tad crooked and I googled the problem for a fix and this site was the 1st to pop up and after a few minutes of reading I fixed the problem quite easily so thank-you!

I've been singing in cover bands full time for about 20 years and always dabbled in guitar and bass but only about 2 years ago we found ourselves without a bass player and I was kind of forced into playing a gig and loved it so much I took on the role of bass player permanently and it was the best thing to happen to me musically since I started singing all those years ago. Not that I ever lost the love of music but it had become a job and gigs were sometimes becoming a chore!

Bass guitar is a magical instrument and learning it is helping me become a far greater musician than I ever was as "just a singer". I wish I had have taken it up seriously years ago.

2. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Hello! Hooray bass! :bassist:

3. Hello. Enjoy Melbourne Cup Day.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Peeps know bass players dominate, because we wear Abercrombie. Or not. And welcome to TalkBass. Anything anyone here says about me is a lie.

5. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Except that he has great taste in wallpaper... Shirts, not so much.

:bag:

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    See what I mean?

7. wicksy

wicksy

Nov 4, 2013
    Ha, thanks for the welcome!