1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello from Down Under!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by MartyK84, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Hi everybody!

I've been a part-time lurker on these forums over the last while and finally thought I'd join. A little about me: I'm living in Brisbane, Australia and was getting bass lessons for 5 years all through high school. The lessons stopped back in 2002, and apart from the very occasional fiddle with the bass, I didn't really play much thanks to university and work commitments. In the last 6 months, however, I have picked up playing again and so I thought I'd start mingling with other bassists to get a bit of knowledge into me!

I'm currently playing a Washburn XB400 that I bought back in 1999. Love it to bits, but mostly for sentimental reasons (in the same way that you love your first car I guess). I used to own a 450 watt Peavey head+cabinet for stage use, but due to not playing much, I sold it a couple of years ago. Now I'm stuck with my old 75-watt practice amp. So gear-wise, I'm pretty much starting from scratch again!

Anyway, hello to you all and I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully making a positive contribution to this community!

Marty