1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello from Eugene OR

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by PennyroyalWe, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Hello! I’m pretty new here. I had once had an account a few years ago that I used sparingly, but I’m back now! I’m pretty active over on the SquierTalk forum, but this is the place to be for bass knowledge. I’m a native bassist (it’s my first & primary instrument that is), I love fretless and short scale basses. My current rig is my defretted Squier TB precision bass and a Fender Rumble 500.
    Musically I fall mainly into rock genres. Coming up through high school I played electric and upright in the orchestra and jazz band. Tried majoring in music performance for a little in college until I joined the army. Since then I’ve only been playing electric. I draw a lot of influence from 60’s-70’s rock, Jamerson, and Latin grooves, though the two largest influences through my journey have probably been Jaco and Flea (“can’t stop” is the song that made me pick up a bass the first time and try to make that funky driving groove). Thanks for having me here at TalkBass!

2. Welcome.