1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from Exeter UK

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Yukimajo, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Yukimajo

Yukimajo

Dec 11, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Hello all

I have just bought my bass and thought it would be a good idea to join THE bass forum. I picked up one of the 2018 Squier PJ-Bass starter packs for a steal (just under £200). It is the three colour sunburst one in honour of Steve Priest who is my first music hero. I got the Affinity bass pack because I thought it prudent to see if I take to the bass before shelling out a large chunk of cash for one. The signs are all pointing to me finally finding my musical groove. It feels right having a bass in my hands. I am quite tall (6' 1"), have arms like an orangutan and an 11" hand span so the 34" scale does feel a lot more comfortable than the piddly 24.75" of most guitars.

I am into psychedelic and garage rock and am currently trying to figure out how to successfully play triplets by learning Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit.

I know that forum rules dictate that if there's no photo, it didn't happen, so here is my new baby:
    full.
    full.

MCB97 and Oddly like this.
  2. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Welcome! Nice looking bass :)

Yukimajo likes this.
  3. Yukimajo

Yukimajo

Dec 11, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Thanks, I am very happy with it and to be here.

knumbskull likes this.