Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TimmH, May 8, 2012.

1. TimmH

TimmH

May 8, 2012
    Just want to say hello. I've been looking around and see some really interesting stuff.

A little about me.

I was a drummer for 20+ years, and started playing acoustic guitar about 5 years ago because it's easier to carry a guitar to the neighbors house for a sing-a-long than the drums. :)

About 2 years ago my church asked if I could play bass. I said yes since I knew my basic fretboard noted from playing guitar. So I started playing. They handed me lyrics with chords above them and I went with it.

So here I am 2 years later, and have improved greatly. Recently asked to join a classic rock/dance band. So now I'm learning even more new songs and riffs and such.

I played trombone in junior high, so I had bass clef and sight reading at one time, but have long forgotten it. I am currently trying to jolt my memory. I have also been really thinking about note positions while playing to increase my efficiency and fluidity (is that a word?) :)

I have recently been asked to join a classic rock/dance band and am having to learn all kinds of new music, while forcing myself to remember the notes/riffs versus reading them from a page. So far so good.

Anyway, look forward to interesting discussions with you all , learning from your experience, and improving my playing to be a respectable bass player in the community.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021