1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from Iowa

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by OneOldCoder, Jun 28, 2012.

1. OneOldCoder

OneOldCoder Guest

Jun 28, 2012
    Introductions first...what a concept :)

Greetings from the great and glorious state of Iowa...not exactly the mecca for musicians, but not so bad either.

Just started playing Bass again, after 20 years or so of playing guitar. First picked up a Bass in high school, i think i was about 15 or 16 at the time (i'm 57 now lol). Played in the Jazz ensemble for a while, and a short-lived group that played one gig and died. Green-eyed Lady i think was the best song we played at the time. :) Played guitar in an originals only R&R band, had somewhere around 45 songs, enough for most of a 4 hour gig at the local bars...but could never find a lead player that fit our sound, and went through 3 bass players before finding one that fit. He eventually went to play with a country band to make some cash.

Trying to get my chops down on the Bass again, having a blast playing, but can't seem to find too many musicians around the area to collaborate with. Hitting the local jam sessions as much as i can, and hoping to find some steady music partners to just make some enjoyable noise with. :)

Have been very impressed with the threads here on TB, and just couldn't resist the urge to join :)

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Welcome to TB. :)

Good for you to pick up bass again. I too play guitar (and some other instruments)... but I suck at all of them. At bass I suck the least. maybe because I enjoy it more.

It's nice to have experienced musicians on this forum. I give much value when reading posts from someone who has been through a lot more than me.

3. OneOldCoder

OneOldCoder Guest

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks Rene, glad to have found TB :)

I've always enjoyed bass the most.

and, yeah...lots of good info here from people that have lots of experience/knowledge!

4. chesterob

chesterob

Jul 11, 2012