1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from me

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by GRAHAM SG1, May 3, 2010.

1. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    Just joined the forum, must say its impressive .
    I am in the UK, Basingstoke Hampshire to be exact .
    I changed from guitar to bass a few months ago after the loss of our bass player due to illness so am still fresh faced :D
    I have bought a Gibson SG faded cherry red bass, I like the short scale neck and find it a very nice bass to play .
    I am waiting for delivery of a Gallien Krueger MB210 amp and after reading so many great reviews am quite excited, I did buy a Marshall MB4210 first but found that it was not powerful enough so it went back, many thanks to DV27 in the UK for their good service, my band is a classic rock covers band, not too loud, but the Marshall just could not cut it so am hoping the GK will .
    I will post my thoughts on the GK .
    Cheers

2. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Welcome! I think the MB210 will keep up with your band. If not pick up an extension cab (MBE210) and get all 500w.

3. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Anyone who plays a faded cherry red Gibson SG shorty is tops in my book. I still have my EB3 shorty. In the 70's, I lived in Ripley, Surrey. Welcome to to the nut house, lots of good info here. Use the 'search' option if you have any questions.

4. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    Cheers :D.

The strange thing is, I never got on with Gibson guitars and always preferred Fender Strats but I tried a Fender Precision and liked the SG better, nice size and weight with the short scale neck .
    The humbucker pick ups sound very warm and mellow to my ears