1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from North Carolina

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Combat Wombat, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while now without creating an account, and figured I might as well make it official.

I've been kinda sorta playing a few different instruments for many years. Guitar, piano, and even clawhammer banjo. In the process, I learned a bit about music theory, and how to take songs apart and put them back together again.

I picked up an Ibanez TMB100 bass about a year ago, and lately I've been getting more serious with it. Most recently, I bought an Ampeg BA210 v2 amp, and have decided that I'm finally going to try to go out into the world and actually play music with other people for a change. It seems that the bits and pieces that I learned on those three other instruments really helped here, because I already know how to play in time with a metronome, and can find my way around the fretboard reasonably well.

Oh, I've also got a few Joyo pedals for the bass, and I know how to use them :)

So now I need to figure out that whole other world of playing music with other people! I used to do live sound, and have been to and worked enough concerts to know some of the things NOT to do, at least. But otherwise, I am pretty much a total beginner in terms of playing in a band.

Thanks to everyone here who has posted over the years, and made this site a great resource!

G-Z likes this.
  2. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Enjoy and officially welcome!

Combat Wombat likes this.
  3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    A Larry Corriea fan!
    Welcome aboard!

4. Ghook

Ghook Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    Welcome. I'm just south of Asheville during the Summer months. :)

5. Thanks everyone!

Huh, Larry Corriea... I hadn’t heard of him before. Did I coincidentally make some sort of reference?

Ghook: Asheville (and that whole area) is beautiful! I’m in the Raleigh Durham area.

6. Playing with others --- follow the chords everyone else is using and do not step on toes. Less is more till you'all work out what needs doing.

Good luck.

7. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    Welcome from The Wisconsin Bassplayers Club
    Duke