Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello from Oahu!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gabu, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hi guys!

I am just checking in. I am on a Military Drill so I won't be on regularly, but once in a while I make the trip to a cyber cafe...

You guys and gals playin' nice? ;)

Take care all!

Gabriel

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    cool! Eat pineapples, they are delicous.

3. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. Maybe someday I'll have enough money. Hope its nice! Don't have too much fun!:D

jtbp

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Take care Gabe

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Wouldn't it suck if Oahu just like... sunk?

6. Oh man...
    I'm tempted to give you some of my friends' phone numbers so you can call them and make them wonder what the hell is going on.

7. Its alot like So. Cal., but with clearer waters and more ABC stores, isn't it?

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hi guys.

Spank - Let me tell ya, the water is not clearer around pearl harbor... they should change the name to sludge soup.

Sheep - Hey, let me know if I can be of service. ;)

Mike - :eek: I hope not, at least not until I get some water wings or something... ;)

CS - Thanks Chris!

Joel - Its a great place for tourists. If you like the beach or outdoors there is a lot to do. There are also plenty of bars and clubs for the party animals out there.

Wrong - They even sell Pineaple at the McDonalds by me.
    :D

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Sound like you're having fun - enjoy while you can!

*looking out the window, at the near horizontal rain, wishing to check out the sludge soup analogy....*

10. Water Wings are the worst invention ever...

Have fun dude...soak up some Ohua or whatever it's called....Ohio? :D

:oops:

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Lucky bastid Gabby. Pics, Mama Cass needs to see lots a pics of K-Bay, Pearl, etc.

Send a semper fi to any of the devil dogs over their ya run into for me, I have a few buds that still might be over there.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm serious, it must be somthing in the (sic) sludge water, but pineapples are daaaamn tasty in hawaii. I've been to Maui twice, and every pineaple or pineapple based product was yummy.

13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

You Califfruitians have that down to a science.
    Harvest a tomato 5 weeks early, gas it to make it red, truck it across country, and leave us wondering why all tomatoes taste like sawdust
    except for the ones from New Jersey or the Delmarva peninsula. Locally grown, tree or vine ripened produce will always taste awesome. Mangoes ripe off a tree, awesome! Hawaiian pineapples in Hawaii. In a Supermarket - :spit:

I hear they have other great cash crops on the Big Island. ;) Very fresh, locally grown!
    El Exigente approves!

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah I mostly only buy organic fruits and vegies.

I really can't stand seeing or eating strawberries that are bigger than tomoatoes.

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Hang loose and enjoy the pineapples and macadamia nuts.

16. and those hawaiian girls!

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    hehe - I only have eyes for my wifey though! :)

18. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks Mike!

I agree organic is the way to go. Its sad that we have found a way to develop "fast-food farming"...

I will definately shoot some pix while I am here. I probably won't got out too much though. My wife isn't here so I have spent most of my spare time studying music theory... :eek: ;) Its funny that I have to go so far to do it. But if I am in any proximity to my work at all they just freakin' own me. :(

Its amazing driving to work though... In some parts of my commute I get a complete canopy of trees. It looks so cool. I can't imagine how beautiful this island was before it was "developed". :spit:

19. woot

woot

Nov 16, 2002
    You need to go check out some places where you can actually see the beauty of Oahu. Lookouts and valleys and such. I've lived on Oahu for all my life, so I guess I've been a bit spoiled with the whole 'beauty' business. I'm moving away to Penn for college though, so I get a trade-off: the city for nature. Some places that people like to go are the Pali Lookout and Tantalus. Just ask some of the people around where to go, they'll know. And go to the beach!

By the way, mangoes are in season...eat up!

20. Hey! Welcome to Oahu! Not sure how long you are gonna be here, but you are more than welcome to check out my band.

www.thenonoboys.com

We've got some dates coming up in July. Have you seen much live music here? Depending on what kind of music you are in to, I'm sure there would be something you'd find interesting on this island!

Take care..

Derrick