1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from SE Texas

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by John Thibodeaux, Jan 29, 2020.

1. New here. Been playing “professionally “ for 27 years. Drums to bass to guitar to guitar and vocals to fronting my own band. Getting back on the Bass horse so to speak. Playing mainly country music but also Cajun and other styles. Looking for recommendations for effects to make a good tone for modern country music

2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Ah, yes modern Country. I'm still flats and foam rubber. Will have to let the younger crowd help you with what they are using.

3. when i say modern, i don't mean the pop hip hop crap, i mean like Cody Johnson, Midland, Easton Corbin,

I am particularly wanting to know the effects used by Larry Paxton when he recorded Pickup Man by Joe Diffie. That tone is awesome and every note is discernable. give it a listen and you'll see what I mean. especially the fast note scales he plays at the beginning.