1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from the Queen City of the Patasco Drainage Basin

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BmoreTele, Aug 11, 2007.

1. BmoreTele

BmoreTele

Aug 11, 2007
    Baltimore ... or Bawlmer, or Bawlamer or B'Mo or Bmore. Take your pick.

I have been playing stringed instrumnts for a long time. Mostly guitar, some banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, and I even pluck at my wife's cello once in a blue moon.

I have been lurking on the edge of the bass/baritone guitar world and am about to make the leap.

I actually ordered a short scale bass last week, but that didn't quite work out. MF had a blowout on the Daisy Rock Retro H bass (30 inch scale, 2 mini HB's, semi-hollow - for $100 shipped).

I was planning on re-stringing it to ADGC (piccolo style). I have been playing mostly acoustic guitar recently and a lot fo the forms and patterns I have been falling into have been on the lower 4 strings, so I figured I would stick with the patterns and just add some ooomph.

Well today MF refunded my money. Order cancelled. Item no longer available. I guess it was too good a deal to be true.

So I find myself in status interruptus, ready to play but no new toy to play with.

Now I'm back to considerin'.

Should I go with a baritone guitar, and what scale 30 or 28 OR should I stick with my original idea and tweak a 4 string SS bass?

And of course which instrument - Hellcat VI, Eastwood Sidejack, OLP MM5, Washburn WI44, Ibanez MMM-1, SX SJB-75, Dean EVO XM, Gretsch Electromatic, etc.

So here I am, pestering you with questions that have been asked a thousand times before. But ain't that my job as a Noob?

:hyper: