Hello From Welland Ontario Canada (Near Niagara Falls)!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sully812, Mar 12, 2006.

1. sully812

Mar 12, 2006
    Well....I haven't played bass in 15 years! But, I've got the bug again. I played in high school from grade 9 all the way up to OAC (that's like grade 13). I learned all kinds of advanced theory back then and played in several bands. I played in 'Grease' (which does have some cool bass lines in it). I've also travelled to New Orleans (1989) and Florida (1990) to play. Our band did a couple of shows at Hamilton Place (a bigger theatre style setting in a bigger city).

After school ended, I stopped playing. The rhythm section went seperate ways and that was that. I've goofed around with a guitar on and off over the years, but never bass. I'm in the process of bass shopping (Wow, everyone seems to be into 5 & 6 strings now!). It's fun to get back into it. I've got to brush up on theory. Oh, it's tough to find bass music that isn't tab, but that's part of the challenge I guess.

This forum is really, really cool. Talk about a tremendous resource. I thank you to all that have contributed, it makes for excellent reading. We'll see ya on the boards!