Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello, I am new here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jguitarj, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Hello everyone. My name is Jerry 29/M/Chicago.
    Im a guitar player! I hope all you bass players dont mind talking to a sixstringer like me!

My influences: (no particular order)

1) Tony MacAlpine
    2) Jason Becker
    3) Greg Howe
    4) Steve Vai
    5) Joe Satriani
    6) John Petrucci
    7) Al Demiola
    8 ) SRV
    9) YJMalmsteen....(who?)
    10) Scott henderson
    11) Victor Wooten
    12) Stu Hamm

Also Like: mexican food, extreme sports, guiness, single malt wiskey, chevrolet, rocco sifreddi movies, traveling, scuba....etc.

Glad to meet ya!
    Jerry

My Personal Website

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hi Jerry!

I'm sure you'll make someone a fine date.... but what does this have to do with basses?

Paul spent some time setting up different headings to keep everything neat and in order. I'm thinking this looks Off Topic, maybe Misc....

... anyway, nice to meet ya

3. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    ooops, sorry. Paul, can you move my thread to the "misc" section......It wont happen again!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    one of the Mods will be along (they always do) and put it where it should go.

I clicked thru your site, pretty cool. I'm gonna take a listen to your mp3s later.

I read you played bass on the first one... how about some details of the session?

catch ya later
    James

5. Welcome to Talkbass, Jerry. I see that we're both from the same neck of the woods (sort of - I spent much time in the PI's). I don't suppose you're familiar with Walter Wirth? Joey Puyat? Juan de la Cruz Band? Circus Band?

6. jguitarj

jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Holly Cow!....is that Lenny B?....I havent heard his name in a while....great guitarist he was.

About me and the Philipne Islands, I was born there and moved to Chicago, USA, when I was 10, So Xavi...I heard of some of the bands, like the De La Cruz Band.

Speddling....About me on bass. I dont own one, so I program my bass lines on my DR5 drum machine. I try to make it sound as human as possible. I need to learn how to play bass for the purpose of recording my compositions.