Hello!, i'm new - what bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-rad, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Hi.

This is my first post.
    I'll start by saying, i have been a guitar player for the past 8 years, and am going to be buying my first bass soon.

I'm looking at a spector ns2000/4
    i good friend of mine's brother has the same one, and i can trust him when he tells me that this is a good bass.

I am mostly buying it because it's a good deal, and i've been meaning to get a bass for some time. Because i think it will be good to have one.

Up untill this weekend i always wanted an Ernie Ball stingray 4.
    But, that's a bit much for me at this point i think.
    Then i saw my friend's brother's and fell in love.

So i'm going to go with the spector ns/2000 4.

I'm excited. :hyper:
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Very good bass. I used to have a bolt on version, and it was an amazing instrument that I still regret getting rid of. I do enjoy the jazz bass I got in return, though.
  3. this one is a bolt on version too.
    now i have to start looking for a nice ampeg, with an 8x10
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ahh, get a couple of 410s. You back will thank yuo later.
  5. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    There was a real nice spector in the for sale forums that I would have grabbed had I had the cash. You might want to check and see if it's still available.

6. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
  7. buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    that is a great bass! i started out on a p bass and ran across a good deal on an ns2000 4. now i am a spector player for life.
    the bass is just really solid, unbelievably light, and has a killer tone. souds great stock, but you might consider a preamp. it really makes this bass sound wonderful :bassist: