Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello!, i'm new - what bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-rad, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Hi.

This is my first post.
    I'll start by saying, i have been a guitar player for the past 8 years, and am going to be buying my first bass soon.

I'm looking at a spector ns2000/4
    i good friend of mine's brother has the same one, and i can trust him when he tells me that this is a good bass.

I am mostly buying it because it's a good deal, and i've been meaning to get a bass for some time. Because i think it will be good to have one.

Up untill this weekend i always wanted an ernie ball stingray 4.
    But, that's a bit much for me at this point i think.
    Then i saw my friend's brother's and fell in love.

So i'm going to go with the spector ns/2000 4.

I'm excited. :hyper:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Very good bass. I used to have a bolt on version, and it was an amazing instrument that I still regret getting rid of. I do enjoy the jazz bass I got in return, though.

3. this one is a bolt on version too.
    now i have to start looking for a nice ampeg, with an 8x10

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ahh, get a couple of 410s. You back will thank yuo later.

5. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    There was a real nice spector in the for sale forums that I would have grabbed had I had the cash. You might want to check and see if it's still available.

Troll

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
  7. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    that is a great bass! i started out on a p bass and ran across a good deal on an ns2000 4. now i am a spector player for life.
    the bass is just really solid, unbelievably light, and has a killer tone. souds great stock, but you might consider a preamp. it really makes this bass sound wonderful :bassist: