Hello, I'm one of the new guys.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Sixtino, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Sixtino

Sixtino

Nov 6, 2015
    Hey! I'm a bassist from Colombia and after consulting many times this forum, I decided to be part of it and take a username and all. I currently use a cheap Ibanez SDGR SRX 400 and, with it, I've recorded a couple of albums and travelled quite a bit. Next year I hope I can get a new one (I'm hoping it's a Bongo 5 or a Big Al 5 SSS). So... what do you say?

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. I say "Welcome"!

There's plenty of information here to help choose a new bass. But you owe it to yourself to try out a few before deciding,

Have fun!

Sixtino likes this.
  3. Yes, welcome. Glad you signed up. Looking forward to your comments.

Sixtino likes this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Welcome aboard!

I say you cannot go wrong with EBMM. I had a Bongo, it was solid, and I am currently on the lookout for a Big Al (but I am hoping to trade for one and not buy one.)

Sixtino likes this.
  5. Sixtino

Sixtino

Nov 6, 2015
    This is the thing: I play in a Hip-Hop/Reggae band that uses a lot of world music. The Bongo (wich is my main goal) or the Big Al can cover that kind of sounds? I know that the Bongo has a lot of power and a "particular" sound, but I can't play and try one in my city because they don't sell them here.

6. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Super! My dad was born in Cali. Welcome to the forums.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021