1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello,newbie help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DonChe, Jan 22, 2017.

1. DonChe

DonChe

Jan 22, 2017
    Hi,I just joined and am not a bass player yet.I am just looking to get started and am in the process of getting my first bass.the reason I am posting is I have a question about a bass I am thinking of getting.I like to do research on any and everything so I am looking up the bass and can not find the serial number in the database. it is C309888 ..any help?

2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    First of all, welcome. Now to try and help you out, what kind of bass are you inquiring about?

3. DonChe

DonChe

Jan 22, 2017
    it is an Ibanez sr500..And hello to you as well,and thank you.

4. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Ibanez Forum

And there's probably an SN finder if you google Ibanez bass guitar serial numbers/finder.
    And welcome to TB.

5. DonChe

DonChe

Jan 22, 2017
    tried the sn finder..it says unrecognized

6. What are you trying to achieve by finding this bass in a database?

7. DonChe

DonChe

Jan 22, 2017
    just the info on it,year of make,material,where it was made..and not finding it makes me worried something is not legit..

8. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Exactly.
    I'd think your research would benefit more from reading as much as you can about the model itself.

9. DonChe

DonChe

Jan 22, 2017
    I have read a bunch so far,but depending on the year is depending on the specs