Hello Talk Bass!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Allmanfan456, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hey guys! I stumbled across this website looking for a new bass forum because ultimate guitar wasent that mature so I came here for more mature advice.

Anyway a little bit about myself. Ive been playing for 5 years and I'm self taught with the excaption of my older brother showing me some bass lines. I'm heavily incluenced by John Entwistle and Cliff Burton. I love the idea of the bass being a lead instrement at times. My main bass is my Geddy Lee Jazz and my amp is an Acoustic 200w and 410 Cab. Great amp.

Enough of my babble now. Ill see you guys later!

2. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Welcome man, you'll get a lot of mature responses on these forums. Talkbass is the best forum as far as getting seriously good info about anything from technique to gear and all things bass, and it's the most mature forum for music I can find on the web.

Just a heads up, the older posters on TB really dig it when we use the search function before we just go ahead and post a new thread with a very common question. That's the give and take to having a mature forum, which I think is quite fair.

Enjoy!

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Welcome! :)

4. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the heads up! I apprictiate it.

5. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    Thanks! :)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021