1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello TalkBass - from Daniel Carwin in SF

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by dcarwin, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dcarwin

dcarwin

Feb 11, 2013
    Hello TalkBass!

I may have registered for TB in years past, but I have forgotten, so call this a fresh reg. I hung out at the dude pit for a couple years, then dropped off when I started gigging in a blues band. I later left the blues band, and now jam weekly with a couple friends in South City. [Rock/Metal, from 70's onwards]

What brought me (back?) to TB was that GAS is starting to hit me again, and I have been lurking the for-sale forums. I think I may want to start trading basses a bit. I also am starting to put together my first pedal-board.

Anyway, very grateful TB exists, and looking forward to swapping basses with community members. I lean towards G&L and Fender, but have always dreamed of owning a Rick (and a Wal, ever since I played Harleyyy's one at the Dudefest - damn that was the sweetest bass I ever played).

Looking forward to meeting a few of you, and always looking to land some gigs to maybe open up for some of you.

Daniel Carwin

Studio Rig: (former rental SVT, massaged/grounded by Hal Petcher, Acme Low B, Aguilar 4x10.

L-2000 with #6 neck (NAMM show bass bought from BassNW) setup by Chris Barnett.

[​IMG]

pedalboard (rookie setup):
    New-bass-rig.

Eyes-closed drinking beer shot: :rollno:
    Hitwall%25202013.02.01%2520Bass%2520Rig%252007.

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Welcome, Daniel! I got back into playing bass in early 2007 and caught the last days of the Pit myself.

That's great gear right there, congrats! Not that I blame you for GAS, it's nearly impossible to avoid catching it around here.

There are lots of Bay Area TBers, and I believe they stage GTGs from time to time, so be sure to check out the subforum where those are announced.

3. dcarwin

dcarwin

Feb 11, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, Greg! :bassist: