Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello Talkbass!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L-1329, Aug 8, 2004.

1. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    This is my first post here so how about a cab question? What do you all think of the Berg HT322? I currently play a 115 / 410 Epi setup, but now I think that I would be better served with a 212 / 410 type of stack, and two HT322's would be that. I love the tone and power of the Epi's, but I think two 12's would bring out a little more volume, and I could give up a little of the low end to do it. Do you guy's think that two 322's would be a good swap, or should I just swap the 15 for a 212 and stick with the 410? Or should I give Dr. Bass a try... So many decisions!

2. I dont know about the cab situation, but Welcome to Talkbass!

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    You've already got a kicking 410. Trade the 115 for a 212 and see if you dig that better. If that still doesn't float your boat, look into a pair of 322's... And welcome to TB! ;)

4. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Welcome to talk bass.

The 322 is very well thought of around here.

Tim99.

5. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome! I would love to keep the T410, however it and the T115 are both 8 ohms, and I would much rather run my poweramp split channel vice bridged mono, so 4 ohm cabs are more what I need. Also I seem to always end up in loud bands so volume is a consideration here as well, and that's why I think a 212 would work out better than a 115. If anyone has any other ideas I'd certainly appreciate them, or any thoughts on the Berg's!

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I think you're doing the right thing by keeping the T410. I love mine, and it certainly should be loud enough to compete with the bands you play in. Like you said, a 2x12 would give you more volume than a 1x15, and would also help your bass stand out in the mix. Plus, for a 4x10, the Epifanis really have a great deal of low end, so I don't think you could lose by swapping the 1x15.

As far as the 322 goes, I've never had the pleasure of playing one. But as was mentioned earlier, people around here who have seem to love them, so you should be able to find plenty of reviews on them.

Oh yeah... welcome!