Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello Time Bomb effect....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CanadianBassGuy, Nov 3, 2002.

1. In the song Hello Time Bomb by Matthew Good Band, I know Rich is running his bass thru some sort of pedal... cept I'm not sure what one and I'm fresh outta ideas. If anyone who has heard the song or knows what the effect is, could you please please tell me?

2. I have never heard the song but I have noticed that most of the time when people post questions like this it is usually no effect at all just a different EQ setting or an Envelope Filter...

3. The last time I saw them live Rich had a whole bunch of stompboxes set up... he had some sort of overdrive pedal... his MOOG and a couple other ones, and I definately noticed him stepping on a pedal during the song.

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Is Rich still playing his white T-Bird with whammy bridge?

[​IMG]

5. I know he still plays a T-bird... but in the HTB vid I could have sworn it was the vintage sunburst.... he may have a white one though... in the video for the new Matt Good single 'Weapon' i think he's playing a Fender bass....

6. In my old band, we were going to cover "Hello Time Bomb", so I got a Boss SYB bass synth, and that gave the the exact sound.

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Ask him...last I knew his email address was:

rich@matthewgoodband.com

I was all set to do an interview with Rich a few years back for Bass Frontiers right before the band hit big then some total beotch at their record label wanted all my questions to be submitted to her for prior approval....I just laughed and hung up on her!

8. That email addy wont work
    a) because there is no matthewgoodband.com anymore and

b) there is no Matthew Good Band anymore... but I'll keep on the look out for that synth pedal... sounds like it's the right one.... but it could also be his bass plugged into his MOOG Synth....

9. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    I'd be willing to bet good money that the effect in question is indeed the Boss Bass Synth pedal.

As soon as I first heard that song, "Boss" kept screaming to me.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

10. I have a Boss BF-2 Flanger and I just love it.... IMHO Boss is a pretty good company.

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
  12. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    I just tried the website

And it worked fine.