1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by weissguy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. weissguy

weissguy

Feb 6, 2008
    Denver
    Hello,
    I picked up my 78 Precision bass a couple weeks ago off of craigslist and found this forum and it has added to my gas problem - or is it aas problem - I just ordered a shuttle amp after reading endless threads here - and I've only been playing for a couple weeks! The bass was farting out through my guitar amp, so I've had my bass going through an avalon u5 into an old peavey dpc poweramp into a guitar cabinet as I practice.

Actually, I'm a guitarist/mandolin player that has always had a great appreciation for bass players and I want to learn to play bass.
    I had a rock band in high school and the bass player of the band sold me his 80's Electra bass for 25 bucks and I've held onto it and used it occasionally to record a scratch bass track when I'm writing.
    Anyway, I'm enjoying the threads and learning a lot...

2. welcome to the family