Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Check this puppy out

or look here: http://www.groadies.com/ebay/mb-1_1.JPG

its nice, very rare and i plan on buying one of these :D (but not from this guy though, i found it for cheaper from a friend and he is throwing in the foot switch :D
  2. It's an ADA midi controllable preamp.
  3. yeah, its got every effect you would ever need. I know Wooten and Claypool are users of this thing. I has an amp modulator, recording to your pc, in otherwords all those things that you spent 1000's on are all in this thing, it costed about 600 but you can get them for about 200 online
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, you can find them for about 99 bucks if you look hard enough - that's how much i got mine for around 5 years ago.

also, the ada is noisy and doesn't have that good an eq section. i have one that sits next to my washing machine on a stack. you're better off getting the roctron bass preamp or the marshall jmp1 midi guitar preamp and using it for bass - i also have one of these and the tone is miles better.
  5. I had an ADA MB1 that I sold on ebay for about $250, with the foot switch. I was never real impressed with the sound it got, although you do have a few options with the chorus, compression, tube overdrive and eq.
  6. Also, another thing to consider is that ADA is no longer in business, so their customer support is non-existent...literally!;)
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    And doesn't that crap all over your happy!

I've done the same thing a bunch of times. You find something you think will be great for a pretty good price and then discover the company has just gone out of business.

My amp and the top cabinet it goes to are both from Acoustic (remember them?) and my guitar amp is a Bedrock! ( I know you won't remember them!)

I got great prices on all of them, but how about when I tried to replace the footswitch on the Bedrock, or when I tried to get schematics so I could work on the Acoustic?

And who do you complain to about the lack of support from the company? NOBODY! Because there is no company left! You're S.O.L.

Okay I think I'm through now.

pant pant {feels better}
  8. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Claypool had his rewired to handle the low range better. I didn't know Wooten used one.
  9. did you sell it? i noticed it isn't on your bands website