1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELLOOOOOO Talk Bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by fireandbass, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Hey guys, my name is Casey, i've been playin bass for about two months now, gettin better lol, currently i have no amp, but im hopin for one for christmas, I just (12-05-06) purchased an Ibanez Iceman, ICB300EX and i love it. I play mostly jazz and sum metal stuff, classic rock. I listen to everything though, if its music, i like it. Im really wishin i had a good amp though, lookin for a 100+watt combo, 2 10's or so, u guys got any suggestions?

2. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Welcome to TB Casey. I can just picture you playing a nice soft jazz tune on that Iceman.;)

That was a joke. The Iceman is a real rocker's axe. It is funny to think of a jazz guy on an Iceman. But hey, anything is possible. Jazz it up.

My recommendation for a combo amp? Get one of those GK 2-10" combos. Like this one here. They are small enough to fit in a bedroom for practice, loud enough for a small gig, and with an extention cab can be loud enough for a large gig. Not to mention great tone and a very good reputation. If that is out of your price range, you could try the Backline model.

Good luck to you,

Zac

3. ya, the iceman is a metal machine, i am really wishin i had a fretless jazz, i've been looking everyware for a cheap jazz bass to strip down, but that backline looks like a great peice of gear, im gonna try to get that, im a little short on cash, but im gonna try, thanks alot