Helloween

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, May 16, 2012.

1. Any fans? I've been following them since the early 90s. I love Walls of Jericho; Keeper of the Seven Keys I and II; The Best, The Rest, The Rare; Metal Jukebox (with the weird Abba cover) and The Dark Ride.

There's audio on youtube when they played the Cleveland Agora (Z-rock sponsored show) in the late 80s. A shame I was too young.

Just wondering if anyone else was down.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No way, is that the band with the single "see you in hell" from like '85?

3. Nope, that was Grim Reaper.

4. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Down where? To the concert, no.

But I used to be a big Helloween fan too. Can't say I still am. I still enjoy listening to some of the older stuff where Kai Hansen sings lead though.
    I find that while Michael Kiske might be a better singer technically, I think he is too affected and lacks some of the feel Kai Hansen had. This becomes evident on some of the re-recordings of the older Kai Hansen stuff with Kiske on vocals, just sounds phony.

5. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Wow! There's a blast from the past... I used to listen to them in high school back in the early 90s....

6. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Never really got into them, however I always thought it was a cool name for a heavy metal band.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I love power metal, so I have checked out a few records and enjoyed them.

I liked Rabbit Don't Come Easy.

8. Sonata Arctica fan here. I seem to remember them being correlated somehow but not reallly liking Helloween.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021