1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP....2 10s or 1 15????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fireandbass, Dec 30, 2006.

1. 2x10's

39 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. 1x15

28 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. Hi all, well the parents are buying me a late x-mas present, and i need a new amp, so thats that, but heres my dillema, im looking at buying the kustom groove bass combo from MF, the have the 1 15 model and the 2 10 model, both are the same price, and both push 600watts, my question is, which one, and why?thnks

2. thumbin

thumbin

Dec 20, 2006
    Oregon City, OR
    Well I'm using an Ampeg BA115T with a single 15 and it cranks out ALOT... Espically for what I'm using it for. A little practice amp/small gig's/through a pa system... Sounds awesome too :) Really brings out my warwicks tone.

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    2 10's will always sound louder than a single 15. That being said, not all 10's will go as low. That also being said, the trade-off is usually in definition.

4. One way or the other, I'd suggest getting a second cabinet, probably a 1x15 to stick underneath it. That would get you a full stack for bigger stuff, then you could just use the combo at smaller venues.

Just for the combo: 2x10s are going to be much more defined. Your going to be able to hear notes and harmonics clearer. Downside is it probably wont go as low as a 1x15. 1x15 is just the opposite. Its gonna be punchier and deeper, but less defined, and probably not as loud (the difference in volume is going to be minimal though).

5. well, i really would like to get the 2x10 and put a 1x15 under it, but i dont beleive that the combo has an output for another cab :meh: but im thininkin the 2x10 is gonna b my best bet, thanks guys, anyone else?

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I voted for this one:
    [​IMG]

I've never really played through a 15". I dig the sound of a 12"; but if I had to choose, I'd go with the 2-10 combo.

Joe

7. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    even w/600w?

tOm

8. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

I love a Majority of 10's in a stack... I like a 410 / 115 combo myself... Id say, get the ten, save up some money for another later purchase of say, a 212 / 115 and have a nice set up.

Maybe i just have picky ears... but nothing sounds as articulate as a 10" to me... Personally, im going for the good ol' 410/115 setup, a good ported 15 :smug:

9. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I voted for the 15, because I could gig without a 2-10 cab and still be happy, but couldn't gig without a 15 and be happy. Well, unless I had a 4-10 or 8-10, but that's not the question, is it?:D