1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! 35" Through-Body Suggestions....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nomad5, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    I've been searching the forums for an hour and finally decided to simply ask. I have my first 35" Through-body and I'm having a heck of a time finding strings. Strings used to be plentiful......:confused:

Any suggestions for an extra super friggin' long 5'er set would be appreciated. I've tried Elixers & don't "love" them. I'd love to put some DR's on this one, but no where in the literature does it tell me the length of the "long-necks". That may just be a trade-name for all I know.

La Bella "Deep Talkin' rounds are on my list because they mention long scale. But even these don't give me anything concrete to go by.

Any help is appreciated......I can just use the bridge, but I prefer to go through the body if given the option.

Cheers,

2. I just use hibeams on my traben tribal sun. It is close but they work for me through the body.

3. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Ahhh....so "Long Neck" actually means "Long Neck"?;)

I had these in my hand today, but ya know what GC can be like. Buy first - find out if they fit later......

I'll go back & get 'em. Thanks!

4. I have them on my Ibanez 6 string. They are very long.

That is to say they are not at all short.

And semi-reasonably priced as well.

5. Hello, DR strings work fantastic on 35" string thru body basses.
    I use them on my lakland 55-02 thru the body.

My favorite is the stainless steel Lo-Rider, and 2nd is Hi-Beam.
    They are all made as 37" so there is plenty of length.

I think D'Addario Super Long scale strings will work too.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This. DR's will work fine.

7. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Yep. I have DR Hi-Beams on my Lakland/Skyline 55-01 and they fit perfectly. Also, Lakland's own strings (which are made by GHS) will work so there's some other options for both stainless and "nickle" ('though I think Lakland's nickle strings are GHS Boomers which aren't much like GHS GUS pure nickle at all)...

John