Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help! '80 stingray or 2001 stingray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vic_6, Jul 1, 2005.

1. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    hey guys, i need help.

i've been playing bass for about 4 years now. and well, i know two guys selling their SR's. the '80 is going for a cheap $455. the 5er though is almost $1000. which is kind of out of my budget but im willing to save up for it and sell a few things. it'll take time though and im risking not being able to get it. i'll have to talk to the seller if in case i decide to get it and hopefully get a deal, if ever.

ive been using a washburn taurus 25 since i started and well, im okay with the tone i get from it. especially since i put the series/parallel switch.

to get the 80's one, im gonna have to sell my '80 aria pro II sb1000. which i dont mind selling since it's like 14 pounds or somethin and rarely gets used.
    to get the 5er, im gonna have to sell the aria and the washburn and maybe my ibanez aeb10.

so, what to do, what to do?

oh, and another option, which i doubt anyone will agree with is an ibanez btb405. ive been reading mixed reactions about it, so it's pretty iffy. it's just that it seemed like a pretty good 5er which wasnt too expensive.

thanks for your time and advice in advanced. :)