1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help a friend out with a guitar...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by onetimeoneplace, Dec 21, 2011.

1. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off-topic/181184-my-universe-jem-were-stolen-my-birthday.html
    Reconciliation for a friend by Michael Herman - GoFundMe

One of my friends over at sevenstring.org, jymellis, had a really unfortunate thing happen to him a couple days ago. His son, who was in trouble for skipping school, decided one night to escape his house and go on a joyride with some friends. On the way out, he took his dad's two prized guitars, his Ibanez UV7BK and his JEM777VBK, as well as his mom's credit cards. He goes out in his dad's Honda minivan (can I mention that this kid doesn't even have his permit yet) with his friends (the driver was in juvy for grand theft auto). Long story short, the van crashes it into a brick wall at 65 mph, destroying both guitars.

This guy needs help. At the second link, you can donate money to help buy him a new guitar.

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I think your guitarist friend might have higher priorities than replacing a couple of guitars right now.

Hope all works out for him and his family though.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Speaking of donation threads.....

-Mike

4. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Home and contents insurance?

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Screw the guitars, is the kid ok?

6. Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Is he well enough to get a whoopin? Cuz that's what he needs....:D

BTW, charity threads are a no-no here. Just trying to save you from the mods here

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Does insurance cover "stupid"?

8. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I thought that's what insurance was for? :confused:

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    "I'm sorry. Your kid's stupidity is a pre-existing condition and therefore not covered."

That's rough. You know the kid was taking the guitars to hock them for dope money, right? So either way, they were gone.

Oh yeah. I'm sooooooooooo cynical, huh? Why else do you leave with a couple of really high dollar, very portable items to go hang out with your hood friends?

10. If that was my kid he would have wished he'd died in the accident after what i'd do to him!

11. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Uh, what is the back story here? The kid didn't just skip school, there's more going on here. I second the previous comment about the kid being a junkie, the guitars are not the priority, the troubled kid is. If you're collecting money, it should be for rehab or reform school.