Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help a friend out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Hey guys, a friend of mine here at USC recently had an upright bass stolen out of the back of his truck. He asked me keep an eye out for it on eBay, and I figure if I can get a few more eyes out there, it couldn't really hurt.

He said it had 2 stickers on the inside, but for the life of me...I forget what one of them said. The other, though, read "Czechoslovakia, 1935". Also, there were no knobs on the...er...headstock? Scroll? I'm not entirely sure what it's called on an upright. :oops:

Anyway, I'm off to hunt for it on eBay now.

2. FYI, there is a forum for this ;) But good luck on finding it, sucks when gear gets stolen! I'll keep an eye out too. ~ Tyler

3. sorry to hear that dude....good luck with helping your friend, I'll keep an eye, btw

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, Sheep Man.

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

You (or your friend) should post about it in the Lost and Stolen Gear forum.

By the way, thanks for coming to the gig on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed it.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    ...been searchin' on Ebay for a db. I'll keep an eye out.:ninja:

6. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    OT gets better ratings than the Lost Forum... more viewers here. :)

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    It'll also get buried quicker.:)

The purpose of the LSG forum is to let people know about stolen gear.

Also, it would be nice if more folks were aware that the forum exists, so that OT remains OT.

If we're going to go by ratings, why not post everything in Basses or OT?

Sorry about the Hijack. Baroque, take it to PMs if you want.