1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help A Newbie, please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Stanley, Oct 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I am - as the title says - a relatively new member.

I see a lot of people on the forum with attached signature files saying they're in this or that "club".

Are there actual "clubs" which can be joined on here.

I have three different basses, but at this moment I'm most interested in a Fender P-Bass Club, if one exists.

Thank you, in advance, for any help!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you would like to join a club, all you have to do is look for a thread that already exists about a certain brand/model and post in that thread asking for a club number. You can also create a new thread if one on the item you’re looking for doesn’t exist.

FWIW the clubs are not “official” in any way, even if it says so in the title.

KaraQ likes this.
  3. Thank you for your response, Bryan.

I'm fairly new to getting into some of the more heavy duty repairs and, while the task at hand isn't challenging as far as skills ...

I just go my hands on a '79 Bass and need to hunt down genuine parts.

I called FMIC and they said they couldn't help with anything before '87 (it has to do with the way the company was re-acquired from CBS).

I did a search for "Fender Bass Club" and "P-Bass Club" and all kinds of permutations. I guess I was expecting to find a thread with posts pertaining specifically to a club.

Thanks, again, for your help.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut