1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help a newbie spend some money

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rxtech, Dec 26, 2006.

1. rxtech

rxtech

Jul 31, 2006
    Merry Christmas everyone! I have a question for you all. I'm a new bassist. I play at church, no other gigging, and also have a family so gigging at this point in my life isn't an option so I don't really NEED a gigging amp ( they have an SWR LA 15at the church). Anyway, I don't have an amp to play through at home, except for small guitar combos, and we all know how that story goes. All I need is something for home use so I'm thinking about a Fender Rumble 15, First Act bass combo :bag: (I know I know, no flames, but this would leave extra money for strings, more on that later), Zoom (b2?), Behringer V Amp (although I really only need 1 or 2 sounds and no effects, just straightforwrd stuff). The thing is I also would like a new set of flatwounds and TI jazz flats ain't cheap. My budget is $130. Any opinions?

2. I think this would go in amps, not basses.

anywho: I have a fender rumble 15, it is perfectly desent as long as you don't want to play below an E

3. you know I play at church too and for awhile I used a Squier Sidekick guitar combo with a 5 inch speaker .......
    but I used headphones so it really wasnt much of a problem

so if its good for now why dont you wait and save some more dough and get a better option at the 200ish range
    I got an Orange practice amp to get a better speaker tone
    but they got SWR LA10s for a reasonable price if you just wait it out for a few more months

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i'm using a little tiny Crate amp at home... i'm thinking maybe 10 or 15 watts. it's good enough for practice, cuz i don't want to lug my 115 and my amp back and forth to church every week. i second the motion to save more for a better amp, or put that towards a better bass.