Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help a skinny man?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ridethebike, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Hi excuse the name of the thread i am skinny, im on the look for a new bass these are the specs im looking out for
    up to $500 (everyone on heres american)
    clear sound, fresh
    bands i play the most chilis, guns n roses, funk basically
    I have a zoom 607 bass pedal so somethin that will go with that
    I play fingers mostly
    Im not to agressive
    Ermmm thats all i can think of if you can help me that would be most appreciated thanx!
    p.s i have been looking at the tobias deluxe 4 as a possible choice any comments on that?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    get the kingston 4 or 5 in the color of your choice. It beats the heck out of the tobias.

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Fender P-Bass

4. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    dont go into too much depth now :rolleyes: you may overload our brains with your amazing deduction.

:p

i think the tobys great, ive only handled one kingston, and that was baaaaaad. As in it was shoddy looking in build..(pickup holes uneven. Plate warped....e.t.c)
    Maybe it was a one off, i wouldnt know, no experience with these things.:confused:

the reviews on harmony central are regulated so you can trust them pretty much.

regs...

EDIT: ridethebike, i notice you said the toby deluxe 4....in this case i wouldnt know how good/bad it may be, as i have the pro model, which is on sale at the moment in a 5 string for $499.

sorry about the confusion.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    never had a problem with a bad kingston-
    one thing, though.. if youre plugging thru a zoom- those small inexpensive pedals suck the true sound of your bass right out- its better to go straigh tin, or use true bypass pedals - like Boss or EBS, etc.. youre making a big decisison with the bass. make sure you hear the BASS!!

6. get a 66' p-bass (mike dirnt plays it) :D

7. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i agree wholeheartedly.

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    that is not true.... ok.. well thats all I have to say about that

9. Im selling a bass that may fit your criteria, click on my sig.

10. actually he plays MIMs on tour! pretty cool. that's what i'd get, personally.

11. EDIT: ridethebike, i notice you said the toby deluxe 4....in this case i wouldnt know how good/bad it may be, as i have the pro model, which is on sale at the moment in a 5 string for $499.

sorry about the confusion. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeh i know you reccomended me to them.....thanks, after reading what everyones said im going to hold back buying a pedal till after i've purchased my bass which (if its still on sale) will be the Pro model, although i'm not to sure about getting a five string but its a very good deal

thanx
    ~dan~

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Hey, hope you like it man.
    It is honestly a very nice bass for the ££'s. Is very high end feeling.

Ok, i should have rephrased what i said....

The reviews on HC are pretty well rounded. As they wont let people review with stupid crap like "this sucks" or "this roools".....

sorry about that.

regs....

13. Ah im glad your on, did you get the satin natural finish or translucent red i forgot now if whether or not you showed me the guitar, i want the satin effect hmmmm, i just read a review of it on musicyo and its ideal as the string spacing is quite narrow and i have small hands.

14. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i got the trans red. Not worried about it denting or anything yet as it seems really durable.

But if i could afford both finnishes id get em both. ;)

its all personal preference.

:) :) :)

15. Ok thaks a lot for telling me about them, my bass knowledge has been rather limited until i started coming on here, it helps lol thanx

16. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    same here man. Its addictive and you learn bucketloads, im concidering becoming a supporting member. :):)

thankyou talkbass.

17. Yeh im not sure my dad will pay $30 to help a site ill tell him hes ordering something then go into town and buy something, this is addictive and its helping me to put on weight!