1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help a wanna be bassist?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by whiteboy993, Aug 27, 2007.

1. whiteboy993

whiteboy993

Aug 27, 2007
    Hey i have been wanting to play the bass for about 7 months and i played the guitar but i wish to play the bass. I have to wait till the holidays till i get a bass and my family is tight on budget anyone know any good basses or bass packeges to start with and some good websites that will get me started i cant afford Lessons

2. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. mellofello

mellofello

Mar 10, 2006
    there are lots of cheap bass packages that come with a small practice amp, a strap, a cord, and some type of instruction book to get you started. I would not recommend ordering one off the internet though. these instruments vary greatly in build quality and playability. your best bet is to go to your local music store with someone who has been playing for several years and have them check the instrument for frett buzz, neck straightness, tone, etc...
    keep in mind that if you have any problems with your instrument it is much easier to take it back to your local store than it is to ship it back to some megacompany.