1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help achieving a tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by attackbass, Sep 13, 2008.

1. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    I was wondering what distortions or fuzz's you would suggest to try and create the tone in one of my songs. i know that its a blend of a guitar amp and bass.. so im looking for something that will blend well with a clean(ish) bass sound.

so far im using a tc electronics vintage bass distortion which features a blend knob and kinda sounds similar when you use the boost function but that makes the pedal pretty noisy and can feedback sometimes...any ideas?

its the first song that plays www.myspace.com/attackattackband

its called this is a test

any help would be appreciated

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    First of all, fantastic sound, I like the band :)

Second, what you might want to look into is the Bass Big Muff or a big muff clone. Atleast that is what it sounds like to me.

Here is a good site by TB's own Grygrx that is a great site for fuzz. Check out the reviews and see what you like.

www.bassfuzz.com

Cheers :)

3. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    Cool, thanks man.

I'll have a check out of that site.. i know that the blended distortion came from the bass going through an orange guitar amp head.. obviously not going to happen live due to lack of roadies and money!!

keep the suggestions coming in!

thanks!

4. The Malekko Assmaster is a harmonic fuzz with a blend. It has plenty of features to dial in practically any tone