Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!! AMP CHOICE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassist519, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    Ok. I play in a band and i need an amp. My amp now is good for practice just it is not loud enough for band practice. When you turn it up it just distorts liek crazy and u still can't hear it! :(

What im looking for is an amp at least $500 or less
    and i want it to have

a good high end for slapping and popping (since i do that a lot)

a very good low end

good with effects

Right now i have a fender american percision and a yamaha RBX 270

the tone I am looking for is I want a high end for slappnig but I also want to get a very warm low end when i want it. ( I have a sansamp Bass Driver DI for some extra warmth ;) )

ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks;) ;) ;)

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If you need good tone, good slap sound, and good with effects, the Yorkville XM-200 is what you need. $479 at Musician's Friend, but you can find them much cheaper, especially the carpet covered versions. They are very transparent, so if you need warmth, you may need a SansAmp BDDI. But they are very reliable and LOUD. :bassist:

3. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    bump

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Maybe a used GK head. I had a used GK 800rb that I had for about 4-5 years and it work fine. I think I bought it for $400 and sold it for $300. Just a thought.

5. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    bump

6. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    hey inazone we have the same bday! lol :D

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    If your not getting many replies just let it go, dont bump the thread up, just work with what information you have.

Or if you give us a bit more detail, ie. What style of music you play, where you will be playing (hall, ampitheatre, small club) mabye then you can get a bit more help.

8. fender rumble 100